HomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomePhotobucket

Monday, June 14, 2010

Money Making Mamas!

My recent job change has really put my life goals in perspective. I CANNOT imagine myself working in social services for the rest of my life. Everyday I think, "There has to be more to life than just working to pay the bills."
Don't get me wrong--I am very lucky to have a job in this horrible economy, and even more lucky to actually be able to pay my bills! But without dreams, where would goals come from?
I don't know about you, but I am constantly trying to find a way to be at home with my kids and still earn income. I know, I know... me and every other working mom out there! LOL But, Nevertheless it's my dream and I'm going to do whatever it takes to make it happen.
I have some business ideas floating around my head, but I am no self proclaimed entrepreneur! So, on my lunch break last week I headed over to Barnes and Noble to get a better grip on how to even go about starting a business. OK, well I know just as much about starting a business as trying to pick out a book to start a business!!! But alas, I found a book that seemed to have my name written all over it!





Really, the book is awesome! I'm learning all kinds of stuff. If anything, it outlines how to make a business plan and walks you through each step. It also gives little autobiographies on regular moms who are now self made millionaires! Let me know what you think!!!! Have any tips? Please share the wealth :) Happy Monday!





♥ lindsey Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Looks like an awesome book. I'm like you. I feel sort of suffocated by the idea of 9-5. How amazing would it be to do what you love but still get to stay home and not miss anything about your kiddos? There is also a good book I like called "The Millionaire Next Door." Was going to write a blog post about it soon. It basically tells you characteristics of self made people i.e. they don't drive fancy cars, etc. Very inspiring!! I was going to e-mail all this to you but couldn't find your e-mail. ;))

    ReplyDelete